- Simple to use.
- Accurate. With a suitable table can position to within 0.005 degrees of the required angle or division.
- Handles any number of divisions including primes.
- Can be home made or I can provide parts to completed modules
- Will work with most tables / dividing heads / lathe bull wheels etc.
DIY Rotary Indexer
What is it?
In simple terms it’s a device to replace the division plates on a rotary table (or similar) with a stepper motor, making it easy to index, move by angles etc.
- Division mode: Divide a circle into 2 – 9999 parts.
- Angle mode: Move in 0.01 to 359.99 degree steps.
- Jog mode: Allows easy positioning of the work.
- Continuous mode: Rotate the work continually.
- Gear mode: Add a second motor to automate gear cutting.
- Program mode: Enter scripts for batch operations.
Parts and construction
List of parts and construction notes.
Latest version of the manual (see downloads for earlier versions)
All files in a downloadable format.
Parts I currently offer.